Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Short Term Missionaries

Today we said goodbye to one of our short term missionaries - Kristen. Her role was teaching English and video taping the work that UNIFAM and OMS do together here in Mexico. As the short term missionary coordinators we are charged with planning out, following through, and evaluating their work. Kristen made it very easy on us as she often took the initiative to make relationships. The OMS Team and many Mexicans will certainly miss her and her smile.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

How long was she there? And at what point is a mission no longer considered "short-term"?

Robin MacKinnon said...

Hello Jonathan - Kristen was here for 6 weeks. Our mission organization
considers short termers to be 1 year or less. I looked at your website -
looks great. I got my call while in Russia in an orphanage. I'm sure you
can relate.

Jonathan said...

:o) Definitely. I was young, and didn't know what being a missionary truly meant. I actually ran away from it for a while. It's humerous to look back; I was blindly walking headlong into this the whole time! I only thought I was running from God as a youth.